Asthma is chronic inflammation of lung airways, which results in coughing and wheezing. A large number of people suffer from this disease all over the world. Different people have different reasons for developing Asthma. Here are some facts about Asthma.
- Sings of Asthma: Coughing, wheezing, shortness of breath and chest tightness, are the signs of asthma. They can also be associated with any other disease too, but if they are consistent, it is nothing but Asthma.
- Affected people: A large number of people are affected with this disease. According to an estimate nearly 22 million people are suffering from Asthma only in United States. A large number of them are below 18 years of age.
- Reasons of Asthma: The main reasons of asthma are pollen, dust, drugs, food additives and physical exertion. Obesity and exposure to volatile compounds also increase the risk. Sometimes asthma is hereditary.
- Asthma treatment: Monitoring the disease is the key factor in the treatment. It is important to identify and avoid the allergens. Due of drug therapy is also necessary for the effective treatment.
- Types of asthma medication: There are two types of medications; some are for long term control, while others are for quick relief.