Beaded dragon is a type of dragon, which was originally found in Australia. The scientific name of this dragon species is Pogona Vitticeps. It is also called as Yellow headed bearded dragon. Here are some interesting facts about this dragon.
- Natural habitat: Bearded dragon lives in the arid woodlands and deserts of Australia. It likes to spend time in bushes and trees. It is also found on rocks. It hot season, it can burrow underground.
- Diet: The diet of dragon consists of insects, small lizards and mammals. It also feeds on fruits, flowers and other plant material.
- Appearance: The color of bearded dragon is yellow. The head is wedge shape and the tail of dragon is as long as his body. It has spines on throat, sides of head and on the sides of body also.
- Name: It is called as bearded dragon due to the appearance of flare out skin in the throat region, when dragon is threatened. This skin appears like a beard.
- Difference in sex: male and female have different appearances, when they are adult. However, it is difficult to differentiate between the two at young age. Males have large heads and their beards are also darker and larger.