Henry Hudson was a famous English seas explorer; he was born in 1500s and is known for navigating around the New York for four times, as he was trying to find a path to Asia. Many bays are named after him and he is remembered as a great sea man. Here are some facts about Henry Hudson.
- Education: Henry was the educated person. He studied cartography, navigation, astronomy, seamanship and mathematics. He worked with many sea exploration companies and spent a major part of his life in sea.
- Achievements: He is known for making different explorations in the sea. He discovered Hudson River, Hudson Strait and Hudson Bay. He also opened a new door to North American settlements.
- Personal life: Henry Hudson was married to Katherine Hudson and he had three sons, named John, Richard and Oliver. His son was with him on his last journey.
- Muscovy Company: Henry was financed by the Muscovy Company to make different explorations. His aim was to discover a passage to Japan and china.
- Death: His end is unknown. Many people say that his crew suffered in a bad weather and they were angry with him. He was mutinied with his son and left them on a boast. They were never seen again.