There are different species of dogs in the world. The Chihuahuas is the smallest of all dog breads and is also called as toy dog due to its small size. Here are some interesting facts about Chihuahuas.
- Size: As mentioned earlier these dogs are smallest of all dog species. Their high is around 6 to 9 inches, while some can grow up to 15 inch in height.
- Appearance: The shape of Chihuahuas head is called as round apple dome and is also called as Apple head Chihuahuas. Other than apple head, some Chihuahuas are called as deer head Chihuahuas.
- Eyes and ears: The eyes of this dog species are very expressive and large. These round eyes and protruding and wide apart. Ears of these dogs are also very large.
- Coat colors: Chihuahua can be found in different color like black and tan, blue, fawn, chestnut, black and white. Blue is considered as the rare color. Fawn is the color of classic Chihuahuas. The coat is soft to touch and required combing once a week only.
- Attitude: These dogs are adventurous and lively. They are kept as pets as they are cheerful and cute. They are excellent companions and really devoted. They are really protective for their owner.